Saturday, November 15, 2008

R.I.P Ol' D' B' (November 15, 1968–November 13, 2004)




How do you describe a legend like the Ol' Dirt Dog?




How do you describe a man that was too great for his time?




How do you describe a man who could never be defeated no matter what others tried to do to him or say about him?




Most people who would describe this mans life would probably call him a moron, retarted, whatever?




I dont think he was either.




I see him as a man who was never defeated?




He did things his way and it wouldnt be anybody elses but his.



This dude and the group that he's from (WU TANG CLAN) had a very impresionale impact on my life.


I loved the woo.


They were my favorite rap group.


I could identif with all of them too because most of them lived in the projects and was poor growing up like i was.


They was hard, you gotta listen to their stuff to really know what im talking about.


And certainly the Ol' Dirty Bastard was one of the hardest.


He had a very unorthodox rap style were it was part singing and part rapping.


He rarely ever wrote his rhymes out (and you could definately tell) but a lot of them was hard and had mad rhythim none the less.


He was extreemly vulger.


Rude as hell, he interrupted the grammy's in 1999 to protest when the WU didnt win best rap group of the year.


He talked about killing other brothers who lloked like him.


But he will always be remembered as having a great sense of humor, and actually portraying what can happen to a brother when he grows up in an environment where the system treats them like animals.


He was a product of his environment and that really is the best way to sum it up.


I remeber being in the lunch room acting like i was him rhyming on the microphone (my favorite member from the WU was the GZA (GENIUS) but when he was hot everybody was blasting his shit in my hood.


The ol' dirt dog aint take no shit.


He was always ready to slap the taste out of somebodies mouth.


This is my tribute Ol' D' B.


RIP Forever!


WU FOREVER SON!








2 comments:

Cruz said...

ODB was a wild dude. I remember when he went top get food stamps with MTV, classic.

RIP

James Tubman said...

yo that shit was crazy lol

you know he later got sued for that for like over a million dollars

thats a high price to pay for an independence card