Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trying to learn lifes most important lessons on my own

Its been real hard these last 2 weeks

Ive had many challenges to face and are still facing them

My boss has given me more responsibilities on my job and he has taken me under his wing so to speak

Its hard work but i do believe its worth the fight

Ive changed in so many ways since ive came to new york

I've made many friends and enemies since ive been here

Ive put up with a lot of hardship and struggle since ive been here too.

It's truly been a roller coaster ride.

One thing i do notice about new york is if you have a good idea and stick with it to the end you can make it.

This is what i am trying to do at this yoga place.

There are about 6 guys who work there and i am the only black guy of course and also i think one of the only straight guys there (pablo the maintenance man might be the lone exception).

That's good because i flirt with all of the girls and they have to like it because they get some male attention there.

I may be ugly but hey, if you are the only option, what can you say lol

The owner of the place is an equadorian who used to play in broadway musicals (do i have to tell you what his sexual preference is).

He's gets on me a lot (he gets on everybody really) but he has to run a business so i understand.

He toldme straight up that i had to do something with my hair because i look wild with my big nappy frow, long sideburns and nappy goatee.

I wouldnt have even thought about considering that if he didnt offer to pay for it.

I have braids now and now hopefully i look a little more "approachable" as he puts it.

Im learning alot about how to run a business through this work.

It takes discipline, being honest, and lots of patience.

Hopefully i can grow from this experience and finally put myself on the straight and narrow path to success.

3 comments:

Chari said...

You go boy! Learn what you can to make it on your own one day!

Strongblkwmn said...

You're on your way. I have no doubt you'll make it happen. Welcome to NY.

James Tubman said...

@mystery... thanks sweetpea

@strongblkwoman... i should have thought about coming here a long time ago