Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Build up your knowledge base and they can never fool you.

Knowledge will enable you to see the games that are run on you all throughout your life.

You can see them coming a mile away if you study ahead of time what you are dealing with.

You can beat anybody, it doesnt matter how big or how smart they are, if only you first study them and make appropriate preparations.

Since a young child i always knew the value of knowledge.

I still do but of course its not going to mean anything if you dont apply to whatever goals you have in life.

I was in my first year of college and i was in a history class.

At the time my history teacher was talking about the scramble for afrika (when most western european countries met together back in the late 1890's to decide who would get what country in afrika after they conquered that territory).

He showed a documentary about the time where the european nations were giving their rationalizations for the takeover.

Rudyard Kipling in his book said it was the "White Man's Burden" to civilize the savage afrikans because without them to make us into full fledged human beings we would seep more and more into chaos.

Then they went on to talk about many of the reasons we are supposedly genetically inferior to them.

I was heated.

What made it worse was that i was in a room full of white people (because i went to a predominatly white school).

I felt like i was being stripped of my dignity because i couldnt think of a single event in history prior to our contact with europeans that would negate all of these harsh statements.

I hollered during this lesson,"i aint inferior to NOBODY."

I know i startled a lot of people but i just couldnt take it anymore.

I didnt return that next semester because i knew i had to dig in our past to find some information that would prove all of these suckers wrong (and boy did i find it).

I started reading books about my history that fired up my intellect.

My appetite for the great aspects for our history was insatiable and i was amazed at what i found out about our people.

Suffice it say that that event completely changed my life (and i wouldnt take it back for all the tea in china).

Be curious people.

Never stop learning and never stop growing.

Read this book too up top.

Its a good place to start f you want to get some significant information about our history as a people.

I hope you have a great journey of self discovery.

I know i did.

3 comments:

Sunshine Abuwi said...

I like this post.

It's really annoying/irritating/sad the way white people are constantly able to lie to us about ourselves and what's even worse is how we very seldom care enough to learn the truth.
I was thinking about this the other night when hubby dragged me to see Transformers (waste of money by the way). Throughout the movie there were blatant lies being shown and said about Africans. It made me so angry that I didn't want to see anymore of the movie. In it, it was said that aliens built the pyramids, there were depictions of white people in the ancient tombs and they were the only images really shown. And on top of that there were two tranformers who spoke with heavy slang and clearly were meant to depict african americans, they were so ignorant and obnoxious and served no purpose in the movie other than to tarnish our image even more.

There was another instance where a white dude had a bit of a "afro" and someone referred to his hair as something 'pubic hair' related. It's things like this that we don't even bother to refute, so our youth (which are undoubtedly going to see that movie) are being told lies and have no time to even react to what is being said and thus it sinks into their psyche.
We gotta start asking questions and learning our own history. They're not going to teach us.

You are so right on with this post.

James Tubman said...

racism is present all over the media

mostly it is projected subtly

lik eit is always projected through movies like transformers and other action movies where it is implied that the white man will always be around to save the day and we will always be happy servants to his domination

if you want to see a great documentary on racism in the media and its history

get marlon riggs's (a black man) documentary called "ethnic notions"

its a classic and it will explain a lot

Anonymous said...

Man, I totally agree with you on that.

There's way too many suckers out there that can't just get it.

In fact, I was fightin with my best friend babyjean yesterday about this, and
they wouldn't agree with me that he was wrong. Now I can just show them your blog :)